Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Of Glass Walls, Swipe cards, and Double Monitors

Today was my first day at my new office. Except for the surroundings nothing was new for me, or atleast I thought so before stepping in. Till now I could call myself a veteran in fresher jobs. Within a span of three months I had changed sides to my third and present job. I knew that at first would be same old induction followed by a reading of the HR policies and other blah blah blah.........
But then life is the brand ambassador of Birla Sun Life Insurance---promoting its tagline "Life ke chote mote surprises ke liye taiyaar raho". The induction was just like any other induction wherein we were enlightened to the visions and missions of the company. But what followed it was actually an enlightenment. We were ushered into our seats situated on the third floor of this half glass palace. Therein we were welcomed by sights of two wide screen flat monitors placed side to side. I hadn't even experienced one of them---now I had a chance to devour both. I could actually simultaneously view two windows. Perched comfortably on the corporate chair I read back the same stuff that was blabbered a few mins ago in the induction and then I found the meaning of each and every word and article penned into it. The vision, the mission, the goals began making sense. Everywhere it was written----THE COMPANY BELONGS TO YOU.
I know some of you might think that I am overreacting, but somehow this organisation was able to make me feel like an owner the very first day. Money can't buy things, but it surely helps a hell lot in making you able to buy things. Inspiration is best aided by money---and with money it becomes lot more easy to drive the concepts of integrity, innovation and high aim.
Life was kind to me,till yesterday I was mourning the death of two friends--one of whom rose from the death yesterday night itself and the other one manifested its flesh and bones wrapped up in skin and covered in cloth in the same office. A small miscommunication had caused the death, which I aided by my ego wanted to be placed in the obituary column of my memory but fate wanted otherwise.
Life surely is amazing.......It takes turns at the straightest of ways, jumps at the smoothest of roads, wobbles at the easiest surfaces, and yet in the end makes you feel every moment as worth spent over..............

No comments:

Post a Comment