Friday, June 25, 2010

Moving in......

Today I finally severed the last remaining portion of the umbilical cord I shared with the SPCE Boys Hostel--my home, my resort, my family for the last four-five years.
As i picked up the two shirts which i had kept for drying, and dragged my leg around, limping at every step,I realised that these empty doors staring through the dark passageways are my last memories of this wonderful place.
I have experienced LIFE in hostel. I have experienced my worst and my best. I have met my extremes and their panaceas. From painting a door, to wetting a watchman, to moving in front of the (adjoining) girls hostel wet and half naked (with a belly that seems like an inflated balloon), to fighting in the mess, to taking 'pangaas' with the seniors and then screwing up juniors when we became seniors.....I have done endless things in the hostel.
Here i met the other side of life...A life i hadn't seen under the watchful eyes of my parents in my school life. I met carelessness, guilt, struggle, depression, strength and fightback spirit here. I understood the meaning of being low, and more than that, the actual meaning of being high.
Each second spent here is wrapped up with some or the other memorable moments. Moments that have changed my own demography. Looking back, it seems like a small journey.............but its implications will continue resonating throughout my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment