Crammed notes, mugged up knowledge, studying by the night, sleeping by the day, bunking lectures, writing punishment assignments, one does the practical the rest copy the readings, exciting girls and broken hearts, temperamental friends and angry times....................I don't know what do people call this, but I prefer to call this as my life in engineering !!!
Seems crazy ????? Well, it won't if you are an engineer who has sacrificed his sleep in the night (and made up more than double for it by dozing in the morning), who has crammed down stuff developed in the 60's and 80's era in the name of studying new technologies, who has exhausted his energies and time most productively in copying assignments (about whom till the end you are clueless), who takes a pride in calculating the number of K.T.s earned and after all this trying to unscrew screwed up personal lives.........
Guys (and gals) !! Welcome to the world of Engineering. This blog of mine is the journey back in time- my journey through the most definitive five years of life, through the phases wherein I actually met three of the most important elements of my life---My Family, My Girlfriend and ME !!
Yup !! Everyone knows their family well, and it's not that I separated from them in any Kumbh Mela and met them again during or thanks to engineering. But I saw their other side as they accepted my failures, understood my frailties, tolerated my excesses and stood by me, all PEACEFULLY---Unusual for a middle class family in India (Atleast my family, I think so !!). Why Girlfriend---well because she inspired the change in me........how, well read on in my following posts. And ME ??????? I bet very few among us know ourselves (forget knowing well.) I had a very sensible experience in this regard---------During a mock interview session when asked if I know myself very well, I answered YES !! The interviewer just shot back: CAN YOU TELL ME THE TOTAL NUMBER OF LETTERS IN YOUR NAME INSTANTLY ??? I bet none of you can (and if you do, dude you have attained Nirvana, please exit the materialistic world....).
So ladies and gentleman, welcome to my journey, the journey of a boy to become man, the journey from shyness to confidence, the journey from "sab chalta hai " to "kuch kar dikhaanaa hai"...................the journey from dreaming to realising them....................SIT BACK, PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELTS AND ENJOY !!!!!!
Seems crazy ????? Well, it won't if you are an engineer who has sacrificed his sleep in the night (and made up more than double for it by dozing in the morning), who has crammed down stuff developed in the 60's and 80's era in the name of studying new technologies, who has exhausted his energies and time most productively in copying assignments (about whom till the end you are clueless), who takes a pride in calculating the number of K.T.s earned and after all this trying to unscrew screwed up personal lives.........
Guys (and gals) !! Welcome to the world of Engineering. This blog of mine is the journey back in time- my journey through the most definitive five years of life, through the phases wherein I actually met three of the most important elements of my life---My Family, My Girlfriend and ME !!
Yup !! Everyone knows their family well, and it's not that I separated from them in any Kumbh Mela and met them again during or thanks to engineering. But I saw their other side as they accepted my failures, understood my frailties, tolerated my excesses and stood by me, all PEACEFULLY---Unusual for a middle class family in India (Atleast my family, I think so !!). Why Girlfriend---well because she inspired the change in me........how, well read on in my following posts. And ME ??????? I bet very few among us know ourselves (forget knowing well.) I had a very sensible experience in this regard---------During a mock interview session when asked if I know myself very well, I answered YES !! The interviewer just shot back: CAN YOU TELL ME THE TOTAL NUMBER OF LETTERS IN YOUR NAME INSTANTLY ??? I bet none of you can (and if you do, dude you have attained Nirvana, please exit the materialistic world....).
So ladies and gentleman, welcome to my journey, the journey of a boy to become man, the journey from shyness to confidence, the journey from "sab chalta hai " to "kuch kar dikhaanaa hai"...................the journey from dreaming to realising them....................SIT BACK, PUT ON YOUR SEAT BELTS AND ENJOY !!!!!!
Bro...knowing oneself is cool, but penning down in words is lyk...wat Amit Si says...ATTAINING NIRVANA....U just did it dude...
ReplyDeleteThis is AWESOME!
Cheers!!!
Awaiting ur next masterpeice...
me tooooooo!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete